Monday, August 15, 2011

Jani Lane Memories

With the sudden death of Jani Lane on August 11th, members of the music community have posted tributes to the former Warrant singer on their Twitter and Facebook pages. Sleaze Roxx has collected a few of these tributes and memories to pay respect to Jani Lane.



jani lane


We never thought that when the song Heaven was written we would be playing it someday in the memory of Jani's untimely death. This is a very sad day for rock and roll. One of the great things about music is that it lives on forever.
Warrant

People have been asking me about Jani Lane & I really don't know what to say. Picturing him by himself in a Comfort Inn in Woodland Hills with a bottle of vodka & a bottle of pills is so typical of what a rock musician's life actually is. It is a life marked by extremes. Extreme attention from people you don't know, while all the work & travel takes you away from those you actually do know. Playing to thousands of people & then going back to your hotel room & shutting the door. When the door shuts... the quiet is the exact opposite of the volume of the concert. The solitude of the empty hotel room becomes the diametric parallel of the adulation of strangers. For some, the bottle of vodka or whatever becomes a friend that is always there for you while others come & go. Yes I have felt these emotions myself. If you see me going head over heels over a girl, it's because all I have ever wanted is to have a girl to love & share my life with, & for the one I love to be with me wherever I'm at, travel with me to distant locales & stay in nice kick ass hotel suites & have fun & sing & dance & see the world. But so far this is a fantasy. Just like Jani, I spend most of my time alone in a hotel room dreaming of a girl I love who is somewhere else. I bet Jani Lane felt exactly what I feel. How could he not? I remember decades ago being invited to Jani's house for a barbeque, which we went to. But Jani didn't show up. So I spent the afternoon with Jani's dad cooking burgers & steaks & having a wonderful day with his family. My condolences to his family & especially Jani's children who now only have memories of their dad to hold on to. That is truly heartbreaking. Let this be yet another lesson to tell someone some kind words sometimes... before it's too late... while they are still alive. I can guarantee Jani Lane would not have anticipated everyone coming out of the woodwork extolling the life & times of Jani Lane. Which is why he probably died alone. In a hotel room. With his only real friend...that killed him in the end.
Sebastian Bach

I'm still in shock over the sudden passing of Jani. I was just sitting in a dressing room with him less then a month ago. Had I known, I would have spent more time with him. It always hits me like a brick -- would have, could have, should have. Unfortunately usually once it's too late. He was a good hearted guy with a gentle soul. I know he had a tough life and many battles but who doesn't? He seemed to be genuinely working so hard at sorting things out and getting things in order. It's a true shame. It's a reminder to me to stay focused on what's important and what matters -- family and friends and the love and grace that give to them......
Michael Sweet - Stryper

Jani Lane's is yet another sad story of a boy who attained his dreams of greatness, only to be blindsided by the pressures, temptations and disappointments of those same dreams. We all watched over the years, as he soared, stumbled, fell, then got up again and again. Tragically, he will get up no more. RIP Jani.
Dee Snider - Twisted Sister

Our thoughts go out to our fallen brother Jani Lane, his family, his friends and his fans.
Alice Cooper

RIP Jani Lane our prayers are with you & your family
Joey Kramer - Aerosmith

Jane Lane, you were a great talent. The world will miss you. R.I.P. my brother.
Steven Adler - Adler's Appetite

I send my heart felt sympathy to Jani Lane's whole entire Family. May God rest his soul.. Great Songs! Going to Miss ya bro!
Chip Z'Nuff - Enuff Z'Nuff

We'd like to offer our deepest condolences to the family of Jani Lane regarding their loss. Respectfully, Bret and all at MEGI
Bret Michaels - Poison

My deepest condolences to Jani Lane's family and certainly to his friends. I hope you finally find peace my friend.
Rikki Rockett - Poison

Sad to hear today. R.I.P. Jani Lane.
Stephen Pearcy - Ratt

Jani Lane R.I.P. You will be missed dearly. Give Robin a hug for us.
Ratt

So sorry to hear about Jani Lane. His family must be devastated. No one should have to be alone in a motel room...in those last moments.
Duff McKagan - Velvet Revolver

Just heard about Jani Lane. What a shame. RIP man.
Slash- Velvet Revolver

We are deeply saddened and mourning the death of a true rocker! RIP Jani and long live "CHERRY PIE"
Guns N' Roses

R.I.P. Jani Lane. We offer our condolences to his family. You will be missed.
L.A. Guns

Our deepest condolences to Jani's family and loved ones for their loss. RIP my friend. You will be terribly missed.....
BulletBoys

It truly saddens me to lose Jani Lane.You were my inspiration for what I love to do: ROCK!
Michael Starr - Steel Panther

RIP Janie Lane... another one lost... We must remember that the unlucky ones who lose their life to Alcohol and drugs, are those that could not completely surrender ~ sad day.
Glenn Hughes

A sad end for a very talented person. RIP
Kip Winger - Winger

Jani Lane, Rest in peace my friend. Thoughts and prayers to his family. from the Night Ranger camp.
Kelly Keagy - Night Ranger

Jani Lane died way too early but he lived for a cause. I was very much influenced and inspired by him. So sad. RIP my idol.
Olli Herman - Reckless Love

Would like to take a moment to say a heartfelt goodbye to one of our close friends JOHN KENNEDY OSWALD,, otherwise known as JANI LANE. He was a great song writer, and a incredible frontman. He will be missed by us and many others... We were blessed to share the stage with such a talent.... God bless your kids (3 girls and son) and also your loved ones.
Trixter

Sad to hear about Jani Lane... Had a chance to play with him in Camp Freddy years ago. Very nice guy. RIP pal...
Dave Navarro

Very sad to hear about Jani Lane. He was a gifted songwriter who couldn't fight his demons any longer. May he rest in peace.
Paul Laine - ex-Danger Danger

R.I.P. Jani Lane...a true songwriter and one of the most underrated voices in rock n roll, unfairly looked over because of hair metal tag
Mark McGrath

Our thoughts, prayers, and love go out to our friend Jani Lane's family. R. I. P.
Lynam

R.I.P Jani Lane - a huge influence and a talent we've lost far too early.
Sacred Heart

We shared the stage with Jani on New Years Eve in Las Vegas a few years ago. Such sad news. Our hearts go out to his family, friends and fans around the world. RIP
Dirty Penny

It was a sad day in the metal world yesterday - We'll miss you Jani
SEKS

Condolences from the EMN camp to the Warrant camp and all of Jani Lane's family and friends. RIP Jani
Every Mother's Nightmare

R.I.P Jani Lane! Jani Lane is and will always be a big inspiration for us in Bulletrain!
Bulletrain

Planet 9 would like to send out our most sincere sympathy, thoughts and prayers to the Oswald family (Jani Lane). Jani was great songwriter/performer and an influence on me personally and it was an honor and a pleasure to share the stage with Jani and Warrant. RIP Jani, Godspeed
Planet 9

JANI LANE R.I.P. 1964-2011 Jani always was super cool to know and work with. This is a great loss to his family and the music world.
Perris Records
jani lane

Got a picture of your house
And you're standing by the door
It's black and white and faded
And it's looking pretty worn

See the factory that I worked
Silhouetted in the back
The memories are gray
But man, they're really coming back

I don't need to be the king of the world
As long as, I'm the hero of this little girl

Heaven, isn't too far away
Closer to it every day
No matter what your friends might say

How I love the way you move
And the sparkle in your eyes
There's a color deep inside them
Like a blue suburban sky

When I come home late at night
And you're in bed asleep
I wrap my arms around you
So I can feel you breathe

I don't need to be a superman
As long as, you will always be my biggest fan

Heaven, isn't too far away
Closer to it every day
No matter what your friends might say
We'll find our way, yeah

Now the lights are going out
Along the boulevard
The memories come rushing back
And it makes it pretty hard

I've got nowhere left to go
And no one really cares
I don't know what to do
But I'm never giving up on you

Heaven, isn't too far away
Closer to it every day
No matter what your friends say
I know we're gonna find a way

Image for Jani Lane 
 
jani lane 

Warrant Singer Jani Lane

jani lane

jani lane

jani lane

jani lane

jani lane

jani lane
jani lane

jani lane

jani lane

jani lane

jani lane

jani lane

No comments:

Post a Comment